Taber Transprt is the first trucking company in Taber. We originally started as Henry Frear Trucking, started by Henry Frear in 1936. This is the same year Eric and Helen Wilkins moved to Taber. Eric worked for Henry, and bought the company in 1941. They renamed it to Taber Transport, and moved the operation to the corner of 50th Ave and 56th Street, where they also established their own residence. They set up an office and warehouse, and hauled freight daily to and from Lethbridge, Coaldale and Chin. They also went to Retlaw, Enchant, and Vauxhall twice weekly. Beginning in October of 1945, Taber Transport provided daily bus service between Taber and Vauxhall, as well as bus service to Retlaw and Enchant three times weekly.
In July 1966, Taber Transport was sold to Garth Ledgerwood and Art Perini. We then changed hands again when we were purchased in 1981 by Kei Nishida and Bill Tolley. Bill Tolley sold his interest to Gordon Fraser in 1996. Kei bought out his partner and is now the sole owner. Our facilities are much larger, located at 5809 54th Ave, and the size of our fleet has grown as well.
We are proud of the history we share with the Town of Taber, and look forward to a future serving this community.